Saturday, June 20, 2009

its officially summer

Even I will admit its now stupid hot down here in Florida. However if you sit in the shade and theres a decent breeze going its really not too bad. Just dont stand out in the sun for more than 30 seconds or so or you begin melting... literally.. I think im now about 3 inches shorter than I was a week ago.
In other news the dance lessons are going really well. Our dance studio has a dance every friday night and last night was our first one. It was a lot of fun. I made it about 3 steps inside the door before I was asked to dance.. Jeff didnt even get to set our stuff down before I was whisked away. He also got snapped up in about 30 seconds. We danced the rhumba, swing, foxtrot, cha cha, and tango and maybe some others.. i dont remember them all. Oh yeah.. the waltz too. It was fun dancing with all sorts of people but finally being able to dance with Jeff without feeling like we stepping all over each other was wonderful. We still have a long ways to go.. but as one of the instructors put it last night.. these skills will last a lifetime.. once we learn to dance together.. its not like its there is an expiration date on these skills.
Jeff and I just went to the gym to get some exercise.. the dancing is fun but we're not good enough to really get our heart rates up much yet to call it exercise. Ive been running at the gym lately and am finally getting to the point where I dont feel like im gonna die the whole time. its almost (gasp) fun. almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment